Have you ever wanted a perfect pork chop that was juicy and tender on the inside yet perfectly cooked through to perfection? So often, our attempts at home cooking leave us with dry, stringy meat that can be downright unedible.
Thankfully, there is a fantastic cooking technique called sous vide, which will guarantee you make the most delicious pork chops every time! In this blog post, we’ll share a simple recipe for making succulent sous vide pork chops so that even the amateur chef can feel confident they’re crafting menu-worthy meals in their kitchen.
Why sous vide is an excellent option for cooking pork chops.
Sous vide pork chops are becoming increasingly popular because they are incredibly delicious and easy to make. The sous vide process ensures that each pork chop is cooked evenly, resulting in juicy pork chops with a perfectly tender texture every time. This technique also eliminates the risk of overcooking pork chops, which can be tricky when using traditional methods.
Additionally, this method allows you to season your pork chops however you like – whether it’s a classic blend of herbs or something more adventurous – for flavorful pork chops bursting with flavor. With sous vide pork chops, you’re guaranteed an effortless and delicious dinner every time!
Following equipment to prepare cooking pork chops
- Vacuum sealer
- Sous vide immersion circulator
- Large pot
- Ziploc bags or Mason jars (optional)
- Tongs or another utensil to remove pork chops from the water bath.
- Instant read thermometer (optional).
Boneless or Bone-In Pork Chops?
When it comes to pork chops, you can choose either boneless or bone-in pork chops. Boneless pork chops are leaner and quicker to cook than bone-in pork chops. They are also more versatile since they can be used for different recipes or cut into cubes for kabobs. On the other hand, bone-in pork chops take longer to cook but have more flavor and juiciness than boneless pork chops.
No matter which type you decide on, sous vide is a great way to ensure your pork chops turn out perfectly cooked and full of flavor every time!
How to thaw frozen pork chops:
There are three ways to thaw frozen pork chops:
Thawing frozen pork chops in the refrigerator:
- Remove the pork chops from their packaging and place them in a dish.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent contamination.
- Place the container in the refrigerator and allow it to thaw for 24 hours for every 5 pounds of meat.
- Once the pork chops are fully thawed, you can cook them using the sous vide method or any other preferred cooking method.
By thawing the pork chops in the refrigerator, you can ensure that they will defrost evenly and retain their texture, flavor, and quality.
Cold water method:
Place the pork chops in a resealable plastic bag and submerge them in cold water, changing the water every 30 minutes until thawed. This method takes about 30 minutes per pound of meat.
Place the frozen pork chops on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on the “defrost” setting for a few minutes, flipping the chops over every 2-3 minutes until thawed. This method can be quicker, but be careful not to cook the meat in the process partially.
How to choose the best pork chops to cook sous vide?
When choosing pork chops for sous vide cooking, it is essential to look for high-quality pork chops with an excellent marbling ratio. You want pork chops that are organic, pasture-raised, or grass-fed, as these will often have the best flavor and texture.
Ask your local butcher if they carry sous vide pork chops specifically designed for cooking with this method – they can help you find the best pork chops for your recipe! Additionally, don’t forget to thaw frozen pork chops before sous vide cooking so that all pieces of meat are cooked evenly and safely
Top 3 sous vide pork chops recipes:
#1 Simple Sous Vide Pork Chops:
- Four pork chops
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1: Preheat the sous vide immersion circulator to 141°F (60°C).
- Step 2: Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and season with Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Drizzle both sides of the pork chops with olive oil.
- Step 3: Arrange pork chops in a single layer in a large plastic food storage bag or vacuum sealer bag. Seal the bag using either a vacuum sealer or the water displacement method. Place pork chops into preheated sous vide water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Step 4: Remove pork chops from the sous vide bag and pat dry with paper towels. Sear pork chops using a hot skillet or grill over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side until lightly charred.
#2 Sous vide pork chop with garlic butter sauce
- One boneless pork chop
- 1 cup of Salt and pepper
- 1 Butter
- Garlic cloves.
- Two lemon slices.
- Black peppercorns.
- Preheat your sous vide bath to 140°F (60°C).
- Place pork chops in a vacuum-sealed bag—season pork chops generously with Salt and pepper. Add butter, garlic cloves, herbs such as thyme and rosemary, lemon slices, and black peppercorns to the bag. Close it tightly. Please ensure all air is removed from the bag before sealing it completely.
- Submerge the pork chop bag into the sous vide bath and set the timer for 1 hour.
- When pork chops are done cooking, remove them from the bag and pat dry with a paper towel. Reserve the garlic butter sauce in a separate bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add some oil to it. Place pork chops in the skillet and sear for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve pork chops with garlic butter sauce on top as desired.
Optional: You can add vegetables or sauces to the skillet for a complete meal.
#3 Sous vide pork chop with apple cider glaze
- 1 or 2 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Step 1: Set the temperature to 145°F (63°C).
- Step 2: Season pork chops generously with Salt and pepper. Place pork chops in a vacuum-sealed bag. Add butter and herbs to the bag, such as thyme and rosemary. Close it tightly. Please ensure all air is removed from the bag before sealing it completely.
- Step 3: Submerge the pork chop bag into the sous vide bath and set the timer for 1 hour.
- Step 4: When pork chops are done cooking, remove them from the bags and pat dry with a paper towel. Reserve any liquid remaining in the bag in a separate bowl for later use as a glaze.
- Step 5: In a small saucepan, combine the liquid remaining in the pork chop bag with some apple cider vinegar and brown sugar, stirring to combine. Simmer on low heat until the glaze is slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
- Step 6: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Place pork chops in the skillet and sear for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Enjoy! Serve pork chops with glaze on top as desired.
Note: Using these recipes, you can create delicious pork chop dishes that will please everyone at your table! For an even more flavorful pork chop experience, consider marinating before sous vide cooking – remember not to exceed 1 hour of total cooking time.
Which is the best side to serve with your delicious sous vide pork chops?
These are mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, a crisp salad, or steamed greens. Add some of your favorite sides to complete the meal for easy pork chop dinner minutes.
Time and Temp To Cook Sous Vide Pork Chops:
Here are the time and temperature options for you:
- Rare pork chops: 130°F (54°C) for 1.5 to 2 hours
- Medium pork chops: 140°F (60°C) for 1 hour
- Medium Well pork chops: 145°F (63°C) for 1 hour
- Well pork chops: 155°F (68°C) for 45 minutes
Are there any safety concerns we must be aware of when cooking pork chops sous vide?
Pork must be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C) to be safe to eat. Therefore, you must follow the recipe instructions and cooking guidelines closely when sous vide cooking pork chops. Additionally, always use a food thermometer to ensure pork chops have reached the desired internal temperature before eating.
Give this sous vide pork chops recipe a try today! Sous vide is a technique that anyone can master with the help of this recipe. By following the steps in this guide, you will be able to cook pork chops that are juicy and flavorful. This cooking method is also very forgiving, so your dish will still turn out great even if you make a mistake. So what are you waiting for?