Are you looking for a delicious and easy breakfast recipe? Look no further! These sous vide egg bites recipe is the perfect way to start your day. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create delicious, protein-packed egg bites that will keep you full until lunchtime. Not only are these egg bites incredibly tasty, but they also come together quickly with minimal effort.
Plus, since they’re cooked in a water bath using the sous vide method, there’s no need to worry about overcooking or undercooking them. So if you’re looking for an easy and nutritious breakfast option that will satisfy your taste buds without taking up too much of your morning time, these sous vide egg bite recipe is worth trying out!
- Two eggs.
- Two tablespoons of cream cheese.
- One tablespoon of cooked bacon, diced.
- One teaspoon of chives, chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sous vide machine: This is a specialized kitchen appliance that helps cook food using the sous vide method. It circulates water at a precise temperature, allowing for evenly cooked egg bites without any risk of overcooking or undercooking them.
- Vacuum sealer: This device will help create an airtight seal around your eggs and other ingredients before cooking, which ensures that all flavors are sealed during the cooking process.
- Jars or silicone molds: These containers can store prepped egg bites before and after their sous vide bath. Silicone molds work best because they’re flexible enough to remove the finished products easily once they’re done cooking.
Time and Temp:
- Soft-boiled consistency: 145°F (63°C) for 30 minutes
- Medium-boiled consistency: 155°F (68°C) for 35 minutes.
- Hard-boiled consistency: 165°F (74°C) 35 – 40 minutes.
Tips to help you cook perfect sous vide egg bites.
- Decide on the right texture: Consider whether you like your eggs soft, medium, or complex, and adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.
- Fresh is best: Always use the freshest eggs possible – they’ll give you the best results.
- Flavor it up: Don’t be afraid to get creative with seasonings! A little salt, pepper, and maybe some cheese, herbs, or veggies can elevate your egg bites.
- Leave room in the bag: Make enough space, so the eggs can expand as they cook. Overfilling the load can lead to a messy situation.
- Start with a warm bath: Preheat the water bath to your desired temperature so that your egg bites cook evenly.
- Use a thermometer: Keep an eye on the temperature of the water bath and the egg bites to ensure they’re cooking correctly.
- Chill out: After cooking, give your egg bites a quick chill in an ice bath or the refrigerator to stop the cooking process and make them easier to handle.
- Be careful when opening the bag: Hot steam will escape when you open the bag, so be careful not to burn yourself. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the egg bites safely.
How to sous vide egg bites in 8 steps:
- Begin by gathering all of your ingredients and equipment in one place. You’ll need two eggs, two tablespoons of cream cheese, one tablespoon of cooked bacon (diced), one teaspoon of chives (chopped), salt, pepper, sous vide machine, a vacuum sealer, and jars or silicone molds to hold the egg bites.
- Preheat your sous vide machine to 167°F (75°C).
- Whisk together the two eggs in a bowl, then add the cream cheese, bacon, chives, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Fill each mold or jar with the egg mixture.
- Vacuum seal each container, taking care to ensure that there are no air pockets left in between the ingredients and the sealing film.
- Place all of the sealed containers into your sous vide machine and let them cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the containers from the sous vide machine and carefully open them up.
- Serve warm egg bites, topped with a sprinkle of chives if desired.
#1 How to store sous vide egg bites?
If you plan to eat the egg bites within two days, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The cooked egg bites can also be frozen for up to two months if you want a more extended storage option. To freeze them, place each egg bite in a resealable bag and then store all of the bags together in a larger freezer-safe container or bag. When ready to eat them, thaw the egg bites in the refrigerator overnight and reheat them in a microwave or oven.
#2 What is a side dish to serve with?
Some popular options include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, toast, or a simple salad. If you’re looking for something heartier, try pairing egg bites with sautéed mushrooms and cooked sausage or bacon for a complete meal.
#3 Can I change the ingredients?
Yes, you can easily customize the ingredients to suit your tastes. Try adding different vegetables or spices like diced onions, garlic, bell peppers, and paprika for a flavorful twist on this classic dish. You can also use other types of cheeses or meats, depending on what you have available.
Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 1 Sous vide machine
- 1 Vacuum sealer
- 1 Jars or silicone molds
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoons Cooked Bacon
- 1 Tablespoons Chives, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Pepper